February in the Garden
The hot summer days are drawing to a close. Start planting today before things start cooling down.
Garden jobs for February:
- Pull some weeds!
- Remove old or worn plants
- Consider some crop rotation to give your garden beds a break and rejuvenate the soil. Plant Millet, Lablab, Cow Pea, Mung Bean or Soy Bean for a season to give back some much needed nutrients.
- Be Water Smart! It’s best to water first thing in the morning, to give your soil a chance to absorb all of the moisture before it gets too hot.
- Top up your gardens with mulch, it looks great and helps with water retention!
- Look into making some shade cloths to go over garden beds. It’s perfect for protecting sensitive vegies on those hot summer days
What to grow in February:
- Sweet Pea
Don’t forget when planting flowers, they not only look attractive but create a welcoming environment for all sorts of friendly insects.
|Capsicum||French and Climbing Beans||Broccoli|
*Including Rosemary, Sage, Thyme, Marjoram and Oregano