January in the garden
The holiday season has come to an end, and now it’s time to relax! Why not head for the garden?
Garden jobs for January:
- Fertilise with a Seaweed Concentrate
- Consider some crop rotation to give your garden beds a break and rejuvenate the soil. Plant Millet, Lablab, or Cow Pea for a season to give back some much needed nutrients.
- Water Smart! It’s best to water first thing in the morning, to give your soil a chance to absorb all of the moisture before it gets too hot.
- Top up your gardens with mulch, it looks great and helps with water retention!
- Look into making some shade cloths to go over garden beds. It’s perfect for protecting sensitive vegies on those hot summer days
What to grow in January:
- Dwarf Marigold
- Sweet Pea
- Forget Me Not
Don’t forget when planting flowers, they not only look attractive but create a welcoming environment for all sorts of friendly insects.
|Capsicum||French and Climbing Beans||Beetroot|
*Including Rosemary, Sage, Thyme, Marjoram and Oregano