May in the Garden
The cold weather is fast approaching! Now is the time to start preparing your garden for the Winter elements.
Garden jobs for May:
- Fertilise with Seaweed Concentrate
- Pull those weeds! This weather can make them get out of control.
- Start preparing garden beds by adding compost and mulch.
- Consider some crop rotation to give your garden beds a break and rejuvenate the soil. Plant Oats, Wheat, Broad Beans or Field Peas for a season to give back some much needed nutrients.
- Water Smart! It’s best to water first thing in the morning, to give your soil a chance to absorb all of the moisture before the sun reaches its peak.
What to grow in May:
- Sweet Pea
Don’t forget when planting flowers, they not only look attractive but create a welcoming environment for all sorts of friendly insects.
|Asparagus||Asian Greens||Broad Beans|
|French and Climbing Beans||Asparagus||Broccoli|
*Including Rosemary, Sage, Thyme, Marjoram and Oregano